Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Final Bit of Sharing - Stringing Summer 2010


I feel as if this week has been nothing but shameless self-promo, but I thought I'd go ahead and share this last little bit for the end of the week (well, sort of - I also hope to have photos from Bead & Button to share over the weekend). I just received word from the publisher today that my pieces are on their way back to me - I have two summery necklaces in this issue. If you go over to the Interweave store, you can actually see a bit of one in the excerpted Table of Contents - it's the piece at the very bottom of the second page toward the center that looks like it's strung with blue cloud-shaped beads. These are, in fact, my very favorite rough cut (but polished on the fronts) Sleeping Beauty turquoise.

It's hard to believe that summer is already here, don't you think? I'm not prepared!

Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

Those stones are UN REAL! I can't wait to see the whole piece! Can't WAIT to get this issue. I just ordered it from Interweave in hopes of maybe getting it quicker than when I get my advance copies.
I am in this one too!!! xox
Congrats!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Hey Lorelei, I saw your name in the table of contents (along with some of the other usual suspects!). I know - it looks like a great issue, right? Congrats!

Erin Strother said...

I'm waiting to get my copy too. Can't wait to see your and Lorelei's pieces. I have 2 in this one as well. One of them is kinda out there--I was surprised they accepted it.
Erin

Melissa J. Lee said...

I like "out there" pieces - I can't wait to see it!