Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What I Did Over Spring Break


As I mentioned earlier, it's been sort of a tough start to the year for the Short One. So, over Spring Break, we took him on a well-needed vacation to Disney World. It was his first trip there, and Mom's and Dad's first trip to the Magic Kingdom in about 30 years.

The SO had a great time. After receiving a thousand kisses from Minnie Mouse, he insisted on meeting all of Mickey's friends, rode his first (kiddie) roller coaster and loved "It's a Small World" and "Peter Pan" - but NOT "Pirates of the Caribbean." Mom and Dad hadn't realized just how much the ride had been re-vamped post-movies - it's definitely not as child-friendly as it used to be.

Naturally, the SO made out like a bandit souvenir-wise (and we even found some sugar-free gummy candy in the shape of Mickey and Minnie for him, which was a nice surprise), but I also managed to come home with a little remembrance of the trip. Of course, this small bracelet is meant for a little girl (although it actually fits my skinny wrist). If you look closely at the photo, you'll see that the colorful plastic beads are actually in the shape of mouse ears. I thought they were cute, as well as an interesting example of Disney's dominant branding. And do I ever miss an opportunity for bead shopping, wherever I may be? Well, duh.

The SO and I will probably cut this apart and use the beads for other projects, but being a nice find for the intrepid bead-hunter (in my opinion, anyway), I thought I'd show it to you now.

Thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

Christina J. said...

My mother-in-law bought me that same bracelet in blue when we were at Disney World almost two years ago! She thought I would do something with the beads. I wore it while we were there and now...I don't know where it is. Hmm. I hope things start going a little easier for you guys.

Kate said...

This is adorable!

SueBeads said...

I love that bracelet too! You're never too old for a bracelet like that! Glad your son is handling this trial well...best wishes to you and him!