Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Between the Folds



My mother-in-law, who is an artist, tipped me off to this beautiful, beautiful documentary on the art of paper folding, after she found out that the Short One and I have been having fun with origami. This is a gorgeous film. I'm only able to embed the trailer, above, but you can watch the whole thing at PBS through their "Independent Lens" page here.

The sheer visual drama of watching the transformation of a single sheet of paper into something beyond the reach of imagination (my imagination, at least) is fascinating. I know, I know, I'm such a geek. But even if you have no interest in origami, mathematics or engineering, you're going to love this film. Trust me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

amazing stuff! thanks for sharing i will check it out.

Pedralba said...

Thanks for sharing that vid, Origami is such a beautifully unique art form, the complexity of it is really amazing.

diane hawkey said...

Doug and i found that on PBS by accident and were entralled by it. very cool.