Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Little Night Music



I'm still suffering from that hacking cough, so I'm up tonight. I found this tabbed on my husband's account and really enjoyed it (I presume he got it from Boing Boing or Neatorama), so I'm passing it along. This speaks to me on several different levels - I was a big Journey fan as a kid. Later on, as an undergraduate, I always enjoyed listening to the a capella groups that were popular on campus (there was nothing like listening to the Krock's rendition of Lehrer's "Masochism Tango" back then). Sam Tsui sings all parts here in this version of "Don't Stop Believing" and the video was produced by Kurt Schneider. Brilliant! (ps. They also do a mean Michael Jackson Medley, also available on YouTube.)

1 comment:

M said...

Hi Melissa,
Are you feeling any better now? Thanks for posting this - I've been meaning to check out their MJ video. He/They are great!
I have to laugh at your post, though. The MT, the Krocks? I hope I can find it. I've always taken my Tom Lehrer straight up.
And yes, Journey rocks! That is one concert (I think) I was actually allowed to attend on a school night!! Have you seen Journey with their new lead singer - he's also really amazing.
A final note, that you pulled so many things together in one post. And a very nice message in the song.

One more - if you've enjoyed any of Michael Jackson's songs or videos, go see This Is It. It's... Fabulous!

Miriam