Friday, September 18, 2009

Falling Off the Face of the Earth


Hello, there. How have you been? When we arrived back home from our Labor Day weekend vacation, it became very clear to me that I would not be able to finish a project I've been working on for the past several months by my deadline if I didn't drop everything else I had on my plate immediately. Which I did. And, operating as I do firmly under Murphy's Law, I still just barely finished. If it hadn't been for my mother, who came back with us and helped me take care of the Short One, I never would have made it. One of these days I will transform into an organized person who can plan ahead effectively, but it's uphill going, working against the tendency toward entropy that I have perfected over the past four decades.

While I work through my hugey backpile of stuff (it's amazing how much accumulates if you look the other way for a few days, eh?), I have two things to share today. First, here's a drop-dead gorgeous strand of rough-cut rose quartz and smoky quartz wheels I picked up at the Intergem show in Chicago last month. Not only was the strand a nice find, the couple who sold it to me, TJ and Gloria, were lovely people - which is always a plus, in my books. Does anyone else attend Intergem (in one or another of its iterations throughout the country)? I don't attend every show (I believe it visits Chicago about five times a year), but I try to go at least twice a year.

Second, in case you have not already heard, Andrew Thornton is holding a Big Sale with tons of treasure to be added over the next couple weeks, including this beautiful bauble constructed from PMC and fine silver wire, with a classic inside-out boro dot bead by artist Shannon Hill:




Go here to join the hunt.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa!
I was at Intergem in Chicago! I love the show, especially that they have a separate wholesalers section.

I would love to have a fellow bead junky to attend with. E-mail me and let me know if you are interested.

-Suzann Sladcik Wilson
Suzann@Beadphoria.com

Melissa J. Lee said...

Hi Suzann - thanks for visiting! I usually attend shows with my beading buddy Carolyn. We should all meet up the next time the show is in town!

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

You're right about the rose quartz being drop dead gorgeous! So it that amazing pendant! Just love it!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thanks, Cindy!