Monday, May 11, 2009

A little night music



The local Borders is selling off its CD section - everything is currently 50% off. I ended up buying a copy of "Jagged Little Pill" last week. This was my favorite album from 1991-1992. I was living in England in the time, working on my M.Phil. in English Renaissance literature. The exchange rate was terrible, about two dollars to one pound sterling, and I couldn't afford much by way of entertainment. I think this was the only album I bought back then, and I purchased it on cassette tape, because it was cheaper. I think I played the second side of this album until the tape practically wore out. I've been having a good time listening to it again while I work. I didn't have access to music videos back then, so this is, ironically (no pun intended), the first time I've seen this video. I also like the single "Head over Feet" quite a bit.

1 comment:

Andrew Thornton said...

This is one of the albums that sticks out in my mind too. I also wore out the cassette tape. It literally snapped, it was played so many times. It's hard to believe that that album is over ten years old now.