Sunday, May 10, 2009

Bead & Jewelry Linky Love


Happy Mother's Day! I hope everyone had a nice one (those among you who celebrate today's holiday here in the States, that is). This morning when the Short One woke up, we went into his room and H. whispered, "Say 'Happy Mother's Day' to Mommy." The SO thought about this carefully for a couple seconds, then raised his arms to me and said "I have to go potty." Yes, indeed, a sound statement from the one responsible for turning me into a mother, after all.

Anyway, we don't tend to exchange gifts on these holidays - my gift was supposed to be enough free time for a trip to a Chicago-area bead store I hadn't previously visited (more on this later - it was a lovely store), so I was quite surprised when H. gave the SO a flat box to present to me. Guess what were inside (okay, okay, the photo sort of gives it away)? Lindstrom RX pliers! My old reliable $7.00 pliers have been perfectly serviceable, but I've heard such wonderful things about the Lindstrom RX series. I had mentioned at the beginning of the year to H. (who is an engineer and appreciates fine tools) that I was thinking of upgrading my tools at some point - who knew he was actually listening? (Really, that in itself is a wonderful present, eh?)

Here are your intriguing bead and jewelry links for the week. Myself, I'm off to try out the pliers...

Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Like Art Nouveau? See this lovely book by Judith Durant and Jean Campbell who explore great works from that period in jewelry projects!

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
Andrew shares the new additions to his bead stash.

Barbe Saint John - New Jewelry from Forgotten Artifacts
Cindy's Beads & Barbe's Creativity add up to some great necklaces!

Art Jewelry magazine
It's video madness at Art Jewelry and Addie gives you a peek behind-the-scenes.

Art Bead Scene
Hello Spring! Goodbye self-control!

About.com Jewelry Making
Hook up with a cute little fiber flower charm and necklace project! Combine your crochet and jewelry making skills.

Carmi's Art
Carmi sews crocheted flowered into a soft new collar.

Strands of Beads
Melissa shows off a few beautiful fossilized coral beads.

Jewelry & Beading
Combine wirework with seed beads for a one-of-a-kind necklace!

Katie's Beading Blog
Try your hand at tubular peyote stitch with Katie's free beading pattern, Delicious Donut Lariat.

Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
A special event inspired a special neclace, which now appears in a special issue of a bead magazine!

No comments: