Friday, April 10, 2009

Full Fathom Five


I've been getting that drowning feeling this week - every time I feel as if I've managed to tread clear, another wave crests over my head. Of course, even this sensation reminds me of...beads!

I've seen these cut Roman glass beads popping up here and there recently, and I've really fallen in love with them. The glass is just gorgeous, full of imperfections and great character. The sheer weight of history in the glass is charming.

I have seen the strands in shades of both blue and green, and I own a few of the bluer ones. For whatever reason, despite their provenance, they always remind me of water.

These would be nice for a light, summer necklace, don't you think?

3 comments:

barbe said...

I'm loving the roman glass too, but can't find any! Love this necklace.

TesoriTrovati said...

That is just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing...I had heard of this roman glass but have not seen it. I will be looking. Enjoy the day!
Erin

Melissa J. Lee said...

Barbe and Erin,

Thanks for your comments!

I did check with the vendor I purchased these from. Unfortunately, she is not interested in doing mail order for these beads, so I'm afraid I don't have any useful information to pass along...

(Barbe, these are actually just the strands that I purchased! They do look nice this way, though, right?)