Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Time and Tides


Here's one of my new pendants. I spent two years living on the south coast of England in a flat located about two blocks from the shore. Because I grew up in land-locked areas, I really enjoyed being so close to the ocean. In the summertime, I used to love going down to the beach at night and listening to the waves.

I'd like to say that I spent the time making this pendant thinking of Hemingway or Edgar Allen Poe or some such, but, well, in fact, I spent most of it humming that old Alan Parsons Project song, the one with the crooning refrain "To the sea, foreeevvveeerrr." Embarrasing but true.

I'd been debating whether to make this a simple line drawing and filling the spaces with resin or adding a little more texture and then patinating it. Ultimately, I liked the way the textured version looked. It's pretty simple, but I like it. (And, as you can probably guess from the fact that it's already attached to a wire-wrapped pearl, I already have plans for this particular one.)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: