Thursday, March 5, 2009

Oh, the Possibilities


I am not a scrapbooker (it's embarrassing, but I haven't even organized my own wedding photos yet) and I don't really stamp, except for well, you know, using stamps on metal clay. The commercial stamps I do use these days are really pretty much limited to texture sheets and letter stamps. However, I was browsing in a local stationery store last month, looking for gift wrap paper for the Short One's birthday gifts (I ultimately found some cute wild animal print paper) and came across this set of graphic circle stamps (there're a bunch more in the box - I didn't take them all out for the photo). Isn't it cute? I found myself walking out of the store with it.

Me, being me, I haven't actually used them yet, but I can see that one could make simple circle charms with these and then fill them with cheerful colored resin for a pretty (and pretty easy) summer bracelet. (I know it's difficult to tell from the photo, but the circle stamps are about the size of a penny, maybe a touch larger.)

Have a great day!

4 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

I am so glad that I am not the only one to wander aimlessly in a store and find something I wasn't planning on and then adopting it and taking it home only to find that my reality doesn't allow me to play with said treasures and then I put them away until I stumble upon them ready to create! Looking forward to seeing what you do. (Oh, and I am a scrapbook wannabe...I have it all but no time nor inclination to register every minute detail of my life! I prefer to live it!)
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Melissa J. Lee said...

I do it all the time! You never know when inspiration will strike (and then you never have time to work on it)!

Summer said...

I very rarely shop for specific things; makes it more fun to raid the stash when inspiration strikes:-D

I also am not much for scrapbooking. I made a couple books for people, but found it far less interesting than beadwork. And you can't wear a scrapbook page, hehe!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Hi Summer, I agree! Although I do find that I tend to buy stuff that coordinates, so it all works out in the end.