Tuesday, March 31, 2009

More Shameless Self-Promo


It's new issue time again - I have a cute, heart charm bracelet in this one, using colorful plastic hearts and my Ace of Hearts charm. This is one of the Short One's favorites. He always likes to inspect packages that arrive at the house (he still thinks they are all for him). When the bracelet was shipped back to me from the publishers, he spent several days admiring the hearts and putting it on his stuffed monkey. Hey, even monkeys need accessories now and then, right?

This ends my current run in Step by Step Beads - I've had projects in this magazine since last September. I'm so grateful to the editors - thank you! As usual, the photography is beautiful, and the projects are stunning (including one of my all time favorite pieces by Lorelei Eurto) - I really love the cover piece on this month's issue.

Well, my blog posts may be a little spotty for the next week or two. I'd sort of resolved not to enter any contests this year, due to my limited work time right now. However, last night I had a brain wave, spent a couple hours sketching furiously, and, like an idiot, I've decided to rush around and try to complete two pieces for an imminent deadline. Ugh. Why do I do things like this? Why? So, if I'm not around that much, that'll be, well, why.

Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

As usual your pieces are stunning! I love that your little one admires your work as well. A potential beader perhaps? My own daughter is now emulating me and doing a damn fine job of it! In fact we are working on a logo and name and a display of her work (and she is just 8!).
BTW...I loved your piece in the Use the Muse contest. So fresh and original.
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thanks, Erin! I liked yours, too. The back story was great (concept pieces are right up my alley)!

Yay, good to hear that your daughter is getting in the act. The SO has plenty of his own beads, but I still have to convince H. that it isn't an unmanly thing to spend time making jewelry, alas.

Stephanie said...

thanks melissa! loving your etsy shop by the way :)

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thanks, Stephanie!