Monday, July 14, 2008

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for...


You'd think I'd have enough sweets beads already, wouldn't you? Ha! Here's my most recent acquisition - three cute ice cream cones in bright, sherbert-y colors by Jenn Kelly of CaliGirl Art Glass. Yay! Thank you, Jenn - I love them! Even better, they go so well with this month's Challenge theme over at Art Bead Scene - "Summer Vacation". Ice cream, watermelon, fireworks - they all suggest summer fun to me. (Why are two out of three things I think of food-related? Hmmm.) I'm hoping to put something together for the challenge this month. I've been really slacking off lately. Back in the day, I used to always have 4-6 entries for the ABS challenge. It's always a great source of inspiration. To see the current entries for this month (as well as previous month's entries), please visit the ABS Flickr Group.

On other fronts, the Short One took his first tricycle ride yesterday. Well, actually, he just sat in the seat, while I pushed him along (it's one of those trikes with a push-bar at the back that can later be removed when the child is ready to pedal on his or her own), but I feel pretty confident that the SO thrilled to the open road, just the same. The SO hates hats and most particularly chin-straps, so I was a little nervous about how he would take to his bike helmet (H. and I felt that if we didn't make him wear one from the get-go, we'd never be able to get him to wear one). However, I'm happy to report that the "Elmo wears a bike helmet when he rides his bike" argument was stunningly persuasive. Although I have some misgivings about what will happen once he's able to zoom around under his own steam (he's hard enough to keep up with right now without adding any sort of wheels), for the moment, we are enjoying being able to motor around the neighborhood on such a sharp-looking vehicle.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: