Monday, July 7, 2008

Hearts and Bones


Now that I think about it, I'm sure I've shown you this necklace before. However, since I was talking about Michele Goldstein and Stephanie Sersich last week, I thought I'd go ahead and post this again. All beads except plain spacers in this necklace were made by Michele. The spacers are my beginner lampworking beads. I made this last year. I didn't really know what I was doing (erm, not that I do now, of course), so my execution of the piece is pretty flawed. I still like the design, though. One of these days I'll go back and re-do the whole thing. In the meantime, please admire Meesh's beautiful beads.

Did everyone have a nice 4th? The Short One managed to come down with his first cold from his class, and he passed it right along to his Dad and me, so we ended up spending a good part of the weekend feeling sniffly. Still, we managed to get a little sand table set up for the SO in the backyard, and he enjoyed that to the fullest (some might say too much, given how much sand ended up all over the house, but the SO is still quite enthusiastic about the whole experience). The SO's Grandma and Grandpa arrived for a visit this evening and will be staying with us for the next few days, so I predict that my posts may be a little sporadic this week. However, I did manage to run a kiln-load of silver this past weekend. If I can take the photos in the next few days, I'll have new stuff to show off shortly.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

Christina J. said...

Very colorful and pretty!