Thursday, April 17, 2008

Bling!!


Anyone who reads this blog regularly knows how fond I am of Sarah Moran's work. I ordered these from her catalog a while ago. They are part of her new BLING! series, which are lampworked beads that have been coldworked. When Sarah coldworks her beads, she kicks them up another notch, so to speak. Strategically taking off some layers gives them more depth, more sparkle - all of that good stuff. If you look carefully at the barrel bead in the photo, you can see that it has actually been faceted. Anyway, I love these beads. I actually intended to show you a necklace I designed with them, but I sent the photo off to a magazine the other day and the editor has already accepted it for publication (yay!). The project will be out in November - more news on this closer to the publication date. I will say that the barrel bead reminded me of a classic Chinese lantern, and I designed the necklace around that.

Sorry for my absence yesterday. My fever spiked suddenly and wouldn't come back down - I tried a couple different analgesics and they just made no difference to my temperature, achiness, etc. whatsoever. I ended up slinking off to bed as soon as the Husband got back from work yesterday and could take care of the Short One. (My fever finally broke early this morning, and I'm feeling much better.) The SO is back to his active, cheerful self, although he's still congested. We love going to our local children's museum, but it's been pretty consistent that after each visit, he comes down with a bad cold. I know it's better for him to be exposed to these germs now and build up a resistance as quickly as possible, but it still makes me feel as if I'm not doing something right.

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: