Friday, March 21, 2008

Steampunk



I was up until all hours again working on my projects, so I'm punting (again). Here are beads that are on the top of my Wish List currently. They are by Melanie Brooks Lukacs of Earthenwood Studio. These are part of her new Steampunk collection. For those unfamiliar with the term, steampunk is a sister to cyberpunk, placing a similar emphasis on cool technology. In steampunk, however, the technology is from the steam power era. If you've been reading this blog and are familiar with my Geek Love work, you'll probably guess that I love cyberpunk. I also love steampunk, which has a more Victorian, beautifully elaborate aesthetic. Think dirigibles. Think clockwork mechanisms. Melanie has really outdone herself with this new collection. I'm dying to get my hands on these beads. If you'd like to see the full collection, please go here.

Okay, the Short One is indicating that he'd very much like a little milk, please. I must run!

I'll be back later tonight - thanks for stopping by!

No comments: