Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Happing Ending


Well, as it turns out, I do have a little something new to show you today, after all. I really like working with leather cord as a stringing material, but I'm not terribly fond of the usual commercial end caps that are available for them. Plus, I needed a bigger than usual set for what I'm working on now, so I decided to try making them. Here's the result. I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out, and I think they'll actually be functional, which is always a relief. (Actually, I think they'd make pretty cute bells, too, if I insert a clapper, so you may be seeing bells in the future from me.) As usual, background art is by the Short One.

I'm still racing around trying to finish multiple projects. I finalized the design for the piece I'm creating for Maria Grimes' Designer Challenge (results will be posted on Maria's website on April 1st - I'm one of twelve participants). It's making me chortle like a madwoman. If I can resolve all of the technical issues (and I'm optimistic about this right now), it will end up being one of the more unusual pieces I've made, which always makes me happy. I just need to make a few components for it out of (what else?) metal clay, which I will do tonight. More on this at the beginning of April!

And the teaser for this month's Ornament Thursday is up! Please visit the OT blog, for a sneak peek at Lynne Kvigne's intriguing new project. The theme for this month is SPROUT! And, of course, please come back on the last Thursday of the month to see this month's participants' projects.

Okay, I need to get back to work again. I have about 20 pieces that need to be dipped in liver of sulphur and polished tonight. Ugh. Have a great weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

Monkee Maker said...

Hi Melissa,

I love the idea of the little bells - they'd give such a sweet little tinkle, don't you think?

Also loving the SO's artwork - and what a lovely piece he gave you for a White Day gift!

:)