Friday, February 1, 2008

They Say Its Your Birthday...



I'm sorry I have been such a deadbeat about my Friday evening posts lately. Both sets of grandparents are in town for the Short One's Birthday Bash (one set is also in town for the Husband's 40th birthday) and the Short One has been working himself into an excited frenzy what with being the center of attention of all of these adults (bearing in mind that the SO is the only grandchild on both sides of the family). I spent the evening making the SO's birthday cake (which hopefully will taste better than cardboard - it looks okay, at least...) and wrapping up the SO's gifts. The Husband spent the evening putting together the "Some Assembly Required" playhouse that my folks bought for him and muttering under his breath. (And so the SO's campaign to annex even more of our living space for his exclusive use continues apace.)

Thanks again to all who entered the very special Short One's Birthday Giveaway. I have put all of the entries in the SO's red cowboy hat and will ask him to pick two names when he wakes up. I will try to post the results at a reasonable hour, but in any event, some time tomorrow.

On other fronts, I have had two pieces accepted for publication in Step by Step Beads. This is the first time I will be appearing in this magazine, and I am pretty darned excited. No publication dates yet, but I will be sure to let you know when I have this information.

Oh, and for those who don't remember this necklace from a previous post, I strung this a while back to commemorate the SO's 1st birthday. The wonderful lampworked beads are by Lezlie Belanger.

Have a great night, everyone. Be sure to check back tomorrow to see who won the necklaces.

4 comments:

Kitty said...

That necklace is stunning!

I had to smile at the thought of the SO's 'stuff' taking over the house ... it does get better as they get bigger - the 'toys' get smaller (playstation and games, Nintendo, etc.) so take up less room! :-)

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday!!! to the short one I hope he has a wonderful birthday. And to daddy as well.

Christina J. said...

Happy birthday to the Short One and congratulations to you!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Kitty - Oh, man, those are the words I wanted to hear! My husband keeps saying how much he's looking forward to having a Wii in the house, once the SO is old enough to want one. I'm worried that the sound of the games will drive me a little batty, though.

Thanks FP and Christina!!! We had a great birthday celebration weekend.