Friday, December 7, 2007

H.R.H.



This is the final version of the focal from the "Princess Charming" necklace. The lovely floral pastille-shaped lampworked bead is by Lezlie Belanger. As usual, I set it in my own PMC base.

It's been nothing but snow, gloomy weather, rain and ice here this week. Having said that, I do prefer winter out in the 'burbs generally. When I lived in New York City, I hated winter. Everyone thought I was terribly strange, but snow in the city mixes immediately with the muck on the streets and turns nasty. There's nothing really romantic about it, to my mind. As a teenager, I went to school in a quiet town in New Hampshire. We tended to have heavy snowfalls in the winter there. The snow made getting around difficult, but it was really beautiful.

I was thinking that I had just vowed earlier this week that I wouldn't be knitting this Christmas and then turned around and knit the SO's christmas ornaments for yesterday's Ornament Thursday. Oh, well. A little inconsistency is part of a charming personality, right? (For some reason, the Husband snorted when I said this last night.)

Have a great weekend, everyone. I'll see you on Monday.

2 comments:

Arrow said...

Melissa,

This is lovely! Thanks for the eye candy!

Rebecca

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thanks, Rebecca!