Friday, December 28, 2007

Aces High



I said yesterday that I wouldn't have any new work to show for a few days, but I dug this out of one of my WIP bags - it's part of a project that has been on the back burner for a while. When I made this, I was a little worried that the hand-cut image would look a little crude, but I think it turned out all right. I'll be doing more in the near future, I think, including a couple holiday-themed ones. In the meantime, this one is going back into its project bag (muttering, no doubt, about my lack of progress).

Athough our company is no longer here, and we don't have any special plans for the New Year (apart from maybe taking the Short One to our local Children's Museum), it's seemed incredibly busy here this week. I don't really go in for resolutions, but I wanted to usher in the New Year with a clear mind and a fresh perspective. Instead, everything is in even more disarray than usual here. You think I would have gotten used to this as the status quo, but it still surprises me.

At any rate, in an effort to maintain sanity, I've decided to take a blogging break until after the holiday. I'll be back on Wednesday. In the meantime, I hope everyone has a very Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Sheikasaurus Rex said...

I think the roughness looks great, actually. It gives it a vintage, treasure-found-under-a-pile-junk look.

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thanks, deabusamor! I find it pretty much impossible to be objective about my work - I'm glad you think it looks good.