Monday, November 12, 2007

Shameless Self-Promotion



Keen eyes may have noticed this in the side-bar already - once again, I've entered Stringing Magazine's design challenge contest, and once again, voting is now open. The theme for this quarter's challenge was "Double Trouble". I actually designed this necklace with this challenge in mind. Once again, I took the "double, double, toil and trouble" from "Macbeth" as being the "double trouble" for the necklace and used an adjoining quote from the play as the focus of the necklace. If you like this piece, I would certainly be grateful for your vote over at Stringing Magazine. Voting is open until December 9th.

Well, I'm making a concerted effort to stay out of the comments section of the giveaway this time. I do have this to say, however:

Phoar - he's gorgeous!!!

Hmm, yes, VC, I can understand why NBM was a little embarrassed to shout this at the top of her lungs in a crowded store. I would've liked a stuffed pig that said this, too, though. A one of a kind gift!

WMK - we love America's Test Kitchen here! Yep, we have it on TiVo. That's a great suggestion - thanks!

Laura - thanks for blogging me!

In short, thanks to everyone who has entered my little giveaway this time around. As usual, I'm enjoying reading the entries!

Also, thanks to everyone for their good wishes on my store opening. Despite a few hiccups, things seem to be going swimmingly at the moment. I just finished up a wholesale order and got a couple pendants ready for shipping tonight. I also managed the mad dash to secure spots on Etsy's main product Showcase over the next two weeks - it'll be interesting to see whether it makes a difference in terms of how many visitors I get to the store. Look for my store to appear in the Showcase this Friday and the Friday after Thanksgiving. I really badly need to make more inventory for the store before the first one, so I apologize in advance if my entries over the next couple days are a little short.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I voted; Good Luck!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Thanks, Vickie!