Thursday, September 20, 2007

Alas, poor Yorick


(I don't know about you, but I've always felt that the line should've ended "I knew him well" and not "I knew him, Horatio".) Anyway, here's what I've been up to today - pretty much fresh from the kiln. These skulls still need to be burnished, cleaned, dipped and polished, so they have a ways to go yet, but I thought I'd show them to you, anyway. I was originally going to make some comment about how even though most people don't seem to like them, I still think they're cute, but Rachel from Tampa just entered the contest today and saved me from self-pity. Thanks, Rachel! Er, not that I've been watching the contest entries today, or anything. (I think I can hear Monkee Maker cackling in the background.)

Seriously, though, I love the comments you have all been leaving. It's so nice meeting other creative people! I have a few crafty friends, but when I start talking about this stuff to most people, their eyes glaze over, and they keel over or pretend not to know me after about five minutes. I have a hard time "putting myself out there", so to speak, and it's great to know that there are some sympathetic ears listening while I, er, babble on and on. (Plus, for those of you with blogs - I have a fun time surfing to your blogs. It seems only fair, right?)

Anyway, the contest for the Little Something Wicked bracelet is still on, here. Oh and for those who are having problems with posting a comment - you do not need to be registered with Blogger to post a comment. Just hit the "Other" button, type your name in and post your comment. I know there were at least two people who had problems with that today. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Monkee Maker said...

Great skulls. And I wasn't cackling. I was tittering.

Melissa J. Lee said...

Oh, tittering was it? Humph. :)