Thursday, August 2, 2007

I know a bank where the wild thyme blows


Beads by Mary Harding

I know a bank where the wild thyme blows,
Where oxlips and the nodding violet grows,
Quite over-canopied with luscious woodbine,
With sweet musk-roses and with eglantine

Art Bead Scene at www.artbeadscene.com has announced the theme for its August Design Challenge - A Midsummer Night's Dream. I love this play. I was actually Helena in a high school production - I find, much to my surprise, that I still remember a decent number of lines. If you are not familiar with Art Bead Scene, I highly recommend that you visit the site. It has been a great source of inspiration for me - most of the PMC jewelry I've created has been in response to their monthly design challenges.

Anyway, I rummaged around in my stash for beads that might be appropriate for the challenge. Pictured above is one set - lovely botanical beads by Mary Harding. These were actually part of my prize package when I won the Art Bead Scene Challenge for May (by random drawing). I don't know yet how exactly I'm going to use them, but I think that they fit the theme perfectly.

The kiln arrived! It turns out that there are a few things I need to buy before I can fire it - and I currently have my nose in the manuals right now - but I still hope to set it up over the weekend.

No comments: